Thursday, April 2, 2009

Gardens are Begging

Unfortunately all I can do in my gardens right now is LOOK. I had a bad fall this past winter and my wrist took all the damage. I guess we can now call it a flare up which means I cannot even put boots on my boys, it hurts so much. And then I look at my gardens who are begging for some attention. At least one of them is for sure.

It is a complete mat of leaves. The tulips, daffodils, muscari are trying so hard to break through their barrier. Even an iris is trying.


And then there is this to be finished. Still lots of raking and a elm tree that had to be cut down still needs the bush man (yes that would be my husband) to finish cutting it up.



But look what is coming up there on the side of the hill. LOTS and LOTS of lilies. So there is some hope. Now if my wrist would just cooperate.



Another thing that is not cooperating right now is the skies. I've had enough rain but the sky says something else. Like the old saying goes April showers bring May flowers.




1 comment:

  1. I hope your wrist feels better soon so you can enjoy your garden. Maybe by the time the rain stops you'll be ready to go!

    ReplyDelete