Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Buds and Blooms

Buds and blooms, a sure sign of spring and the future of a wonderful summer.  It was a great day to take pictures of buds and blooms on a overcast day.  They bring me so much hope as a new life is once again beginning.


One of my most favorite spring flowers is the Forsythia.  They are a ray of sunshine.



The Maple Tree.  Soft maple.



Lilac buds.  I can already smell their sweet aromatic fragrance.



Apple Tree bud.  Lets hope Jack Frost holds off till fall so we can have some apples this year.  Last year the trees blossomed and the frost came days after.



The tiger lilies took a little beating already.  We are having a early spring, but along with that can come the frost.  The tips are frost bitten but the growth is still good.



Sedum.  Love the look of the petit cabbages according to my daughter.


New growth on the junipter. 


Boxwood showing signs of life.


Crazy periwinkle growing like a weed once again!


Cannot forgot the grass.  What would spring summer be like without a fresh cut lawn. 


Our newest bud.  Meet Polar, our new Siberian Husky at 8 weeks old.  He is a my new baby and I just love him despite the fact that he likes to ripthe bottom of my pants. 

3 comments:

  1. Spring is certainly coming to your world!
    My lilies and tulips also got some freeze bites, as I found upon return from our trip. But only those of them which grow in an open space, not protected by a house, shrubs or pots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things are really popping and growing in your garden. Oh, what a cutey and the name just fits so well.I hope you have muscles. The Husky we had use to partly drag me through the yard on his leash. LOL!

    ReplyDelete